Friday, September 23, 2011

Herman's Eyes - Laura J. Rickets

I had the GREAT privilege of meeting Mr. Herman Cain in Philadelphia on the 4th of July. There was one moment that will stay with me for the rest of my life. After having a short opportunity to converse, some introductions, and pictures, he shook my hand and said a very sincere thank you. "Thank you for all your work. Its because of people like YOU that all this is possible."

Its not his words that will stay with me - it was his eyes. I was standing squarely in front of him as he firmly shook my hand and I was staring straight into his eyes. "Thank you, sir," I replied, "We, America, needs you." And still staring straight into my eyes, he nodded slightly. It is THAT moment that will stay with me because looking into his eyes I saw the enormous strength, the humility, the courage, the determination and the holiness, of a man who is secure with himself, secure with his mission, and secure with his faith.

I saw a man of prayer, and a man of action. I saw hope and I saw faith. I saw a man who knows he is following the Will of God. I saw America.

No comments:

Post a Comment